Let’s Go Vols!

4

Posted by Mr. Haney | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on September 29, 2010

Our team might not be playing that well, but the class stills supports the Tennessee Volunteers. Before the big Florida game, the class took a break from their strenuous educational studies to enjoy games and snacks that were provided by our fantastic parents. Some of the students recorded this fun event with our new Flip video cameras. Take a look at their movie.

Orange and White Party

Comments (4)

Hello Mr. Haney’s class! My name is Mrs. Daugherty and I am a 5th grade teacher in Alpharetta, GA. Your name is above ours on the blogging challenge website so I thought I would drop you a line! Your class looks awesome, although it is too bad you are Volunteer fans (my husband is a HUGE TN fan so that is okay – and our dogs are named Peyton and Manning for a reason!). Anyway, we think it is very cool that you all have Ipad’s to use in the classroom! What is the best use for ipad’s in your class?

Have a great afternoon!
Mrs. Daugherty

Kia Ora from Dunedin, NZ! Like you,we are doing the blogging challenge and your kind teacher left us some very gratifying feedback (many thanks)!

The children are on term break at the moment but will be back blogging in a week’s time. I will definitely show them your fantastic blog and the news article about the awesome grant that your talented teacher won for you! This is one very envious teacher and I know the “Scoopers” will cry with envy when they see the range of technology you have access to! Make the most of it – it is an amazing asset to your class and your learning.

We like to think of ourselves as a digital classroom and I am loving this stage of the year (our last quarter – we start in February and finish in December) because my students will choose from a range of digital and non-digital methods to publish and display their learning. They no longer just use the www to access information – they will ask experts via skype, e-mail, etc, etc. I wonder what your learning will look like in the last quarter of your year????

I know one thing my children would ask you if they were at school right now because they have been targetting writing this year and the needs of the reader reading their posts, stories, reports, etc. What on earth are the Volunteers and what do they play and what is the big Florida game??? Remember, you have a world wide audience now as well as your local readers… I am sure the video would have answered our questions but unfortunately, it won’t play on my Mac.

Keep up the awesome job, I can’t wait to share your blog with the Scoopers when they get back!

Ms Bee 🙂

Hey Mr. Haney, I like how your class has a favorite team. I am a Georgia Bulldogs fan. I also like how every one in your class has I pads and how you use them in class.

I am sort of a fan of the Volunteers (well, somewhat) and I don’t think it is fair that they lost to LSU. Someday I hope they beat Florida and LSU.

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar