Mascot Exchange

1

Posted by Mr. Haney | Posted in Uncategorized | Posted on September 13, 2012

This year, my class is participating in a mascot exchange project. Last week, we sent our ram mascot, Tennessee journal, Tennessee pencil, and a postcard across the Atlantic to John Clifford Primary School in Nottingham, England. Today, we received “Pride” the Lion, a pencil, journal, and a postcard from our partnering school. I am not sure who was more excited, the students or me. Getting a box that has “Royal Mail” on the top, pumps you up.

Throughout the year, the students will be taking Pride the Lion home with them. We are going to be journaling and taking pictures of Pride visiting different places in our community. On the other side of the world, our ram (they named him Vic) will be doing the same. At the end of the year we will send the journal and pictures back so we can read about the adventures. If you would like to watch Pride’s journey, you can visit our class wiki.

Comments (1)

Hi Rocking Rams!

I’ve just been taking a look at your blog and it is fantastic! Vic the Ram went home with a boy called Lewis last weekend and they got up to lots of exciting things. I will try to put the photographs on your class wiki so you can track your mascot’s journey around Nottingham and the UK.

Kind Regards
Miss Hayman

Write a comment

Skip to toolbar